8.29.2012

Custom Blogger Design: Type A Kitchen

This custom blog design over at Type A Kitchen was super fun to work on! Allison came to me wanting to incorporate a cutting board pattern into her design somewhere. I love when the opportunity comes to add photographic elements into designs, and I was excited to see what I could think up. 

I wanted to keep the design very clean, in order to stick with that "Type A" theme. So the challenge was to find a balance between the wood pattern & clean-cut typography. After some thought, I decided to design the navigation bar & sidebar labels to look like the type was engraved into the wood. 

Allison also loved the font "Just Another Hand," so we incorporated it along with the bold serif fonts for the header. 

Check out the final design below!


If you're looking for a blog FULL of recipes & food photography, you need to stop over to her blog! Oh, and while you're there, check out the design in action!

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips